On March 25, my father, George Harold Tooke died. I haven't posted since then, but have continued to create. Here is a photo of my father and mother, Esther Van Schoick at their home in Colombia shortly after they married in 1944. Mom was an operating room nurse and Dad an accountant. I miss them both every day.
The City Speaks in Drums: cover image
Today I put the final touches on the illustrations for my next book with Shauntay Grant and Nimbus Publishing called The City Speaks in Drums. I have been working on this in one form or another since last July... a long haul, but I am happy with the illustrations. Once again, I was working with members of our community on this book based in Halifax, following the adventures of two boys as they explore the city. Thanks to Dante and Chris, two very patient young men, and the stars of the book.

Comments
Post a Comment